2nd DISTRICT COUNCIL - DEMOCRAT
THANK YOU RESIDENTS OF THE 2ND DISTRICT OF BALTIMORE COUNTY FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN THE GeNERAL ELECTION! WE WON with 72% of the VOTE!
“World class education, a vibrant economy, a healthier environment, efficient transportation — these are the essential ingredients to making our Baltimore County even stronger. Therefore, it is incumbent upon all of us to work toward goals like job creation, smart planning that protects our natural treasures, and public education that gets our kids ready for college, the workforce, and the economy of the future.” — Izzy
IZZY PATOKA is a parent, a planner, and public servant who has worked in business, civic life, and at the highest levels of state, county, and local government to bring people together on behalf of making his community and county better places to live, work, and raise a family. A community leader and tireless advocate he has worked with elected officials, business leaders, clergy, and civic organizations on behalf of the priorities that matter to Baltimore County, including public education, a stronger economy, affordable health care, efficient transportation, public safety and a healthier environment.
A planner by training, Izzy believes that Baltimore County’s beauty, character and vitality are shaped by both our suburban and rural character — and the ways in which we are successful at carefully balancing our population centers with our important commercial centers. As a champion of using community engagement to drive improvements in quality of life issues, Izzy believes strongly that Baltimore County’s long established Urban Rural Demarcation Line should continue to be a strong guide for maintaining our County’s diverse land use character.
Izzy not only stands up for the values we share, he has a track record of getting things done. That is why he was appointed to serve on Mayor Catherine Pugh's Transition Team to develop recommendations to improve Baltimore's quality of life as part of her Healthy Neighborhoods Committee. Izzy founded Baltimore’s Office of Neighborhoods. Our neighborhoods and communities are where progress happens. For eight years he served Governor Martin O’Malley as his chief liaison to community leaders both in and out of government; a role for which Izzy earned the reputation as a bridge builder and problem solver; someone who was able to bring people together from all walks of life, even folks who did not always agree on everything. He continued his work building bridges at LifeBridge Health — where he serves as Director of Community Development.
Izzy and his wife Denise have a 16 year old son, Rory. They are members of the Baltimore Hebrew Congregation and live in Sudbrook Park.
The experience Baltimore County needs:
Izzy has extensive experience in strengthening communities throughout his professional career. He has served in these key leadership positions:
- Director of Community Development for LifeBridge Health
- Executive Director of the Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives
- Director of the Governor’s Intergovernmental Affairs Office
- Founding Director of the Mayor’s Office of Neighborhoods
- Deputy Director for the Baltimore County Department of Planning
- Chief of Capital Budgeting for the Baltimore County Department of Planning
- Division Chief for Capital Budgeting for the Baltimore City Department of Planning
Izzy is nationally certified by the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP). He was recognized as a recipient of the National Association of Counties’ (NACO) Multicultural Diversity Award for extraordinary outreach to ethnic communities. This prestigious award was cosponsored by the Women Officials in NACO (WON), the National Association of Black County Officials (NABCO) and the National Association of Hispanic County Officials (NAHCO). Additionally, Izzy has been presented with the distinction of Fellow with the Academy for Excellence in Local Governance by the University of Maryland's Institute for Governmental Service.
He is a proud graduate of Towson University where he received both his Bachelor of Science degree and Master of Arts degree in Geography & Environmental Planning.
A Commitment to Community Engagement:
Izzy believes that community engagement is essential to community strength and he leads by example. As a community leader, Izzy's efforts have included:
- Sudbrook Park Community Association Board Member
- George Washington Carver Center for Arts and Technology Parent Committee
- Pikesville Precinct Police Community Relations Council
- Franklin Precinct Police Community Relations Council
- Pikesville Chamber of Commerce
- Northwest Chamber of Commerce
- Pikesville-Greenspring Community Coalition
- Reisterstown-Owings Mills-Glyndon Coordinating Council
- Central Baltimore County Democratic Club
- The Greenmount School Board of Trustees
- Greater Pikesville Recreation Council Youth Basketball Coach
- Wellwood Baseball
- Reisterstown Baseball
- Neighborhoods United Board Member
- Pimlico Community Development Authority
- Liberty Road Business Association Board Member
- Dickeyville Community Association Board Member
- Forest Park Little League Youth Baseball Coach
- Randallstown Gateway Park Committee
Contribute now by filling out the secure form below, or mail your contribution to:
FRIENDS OF IZZY PATOKA
1215 East fort avenue, suite 303
baltimore, md 21230